Chinese Government Scholarship Scheme
Chinese Government Scholarship scheme is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
Different Categories of Scholarship*
Duration of Bachelor's Degree scholarship ranges from 4-7 years;
Master's Degree scholarship ranges from 2-5 years;
Doctoral Degree scholarship ranges from 3-6 years;
Chinese Language Training scholarship covers up to 2 years;
General scholarship covers up to 2 years;
Senior scholarship covers up to 2 years;
* Includes Remedial Chinese Language Courses
• Applicants must not be citizens of China
• Applicants must be in good health
• Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25
1. Full Scholarship
• Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials; free accommodation on campus;
• Living allowance
• One-off settlement subsidy after registration
• Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China
• One-off inter-city travel subsidy
2. Partial Scholarship
• One or several items of full scholarship (one-off settlement subsidy and one-off inter-city travel allowance excluded)
Terms and Conditions
• According to the regulation stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are generally required to take the college preparatory courses for one to two years before entering university. And only by passing the examinations after the college preparatory courses, can they start their university studies.
• Scholarship students should complete their study within the due time; duration for scholarship specified in the Admission Notice cannot be extended in principle
Applicants shall apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or dispatching authorities between January and April every year. Applicants may refer to the above authorities for deadlines for application.
Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship
Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship is awarded to international students who are admitted by universities in Beijing and who have demonstrated exceptional talent in academics. The scholarship is renewable for limited years listed below.
Categories of Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship
Bachelor's Degree scholarship covers CNY 20,000 per year, with maximum 4 years of renewal;
Master's Degree scholarship covers CNY 30,000 per year, with maximum 3 years of renewal;
Doctoral Degree scholarship covers CNY 40,000 per year, with maximum 4 years of renewal;
Chinese language, Exchange, and General scholarships cover CNY 10,000 per year, with maximum 1 years of renewal;
Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship is used only for the applicant's tuition fee and will be directly credited to the university account.
• Applicants are non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
• Apply and be admitted to BIT
• Outstanding academic achievement based on high school or college transcript, entrance examination scores, academic papers, writing & art works published.
Information has been redacted. Please go to the official website for up-to-date information on deadlines, eligibility, scholarship benefits, terms and conditions, selection, and application requirements.